- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
City Council Member Vitale
Susan R. Vitale
306 Cedar Road
Chesapeake, VA 23322
Councilwoman Susan Vitale took office on July 1st 2018 with nearly 30 years of expertise in executive leadership, strategic planning, program management, and organization transformations.
Upon graduation from college, Susan received her commission in the United States Navy and received orders to South Hampton Roads. She served numerous tours of duty as an Intelligence Officer, both at sea and ashore, while based in Northern and Coastal Virginia. Visiting over 25 countries during her career, Susan retired after 26 years of Naval Service, choosing Chesapeake as her permanent home.
Susan joined Microsoft Corporation in 2015 and is responsible for an Enterprise Services business supporting Federal Government agencies that include the US Department of State, US Senate, the US House of Representatives, and the US Supreme Court.
Susan holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York and a Master of Business Administration degree from Touro University International. Her daughter is an elementary student in Chesapeake Public Schools.
- Active member of Hickory United Methodist Church
- Life member of Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- Member Naval Intelligence Professionals
- Member of Central Chesapeake Republican Women’s Club
- Hampton Roads Regional Broadband Initiative/Southside Network Authority 2018 – present
Term expires: December 31, 2022