- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Sports Block Sunday Club
JOIN OUR CLUB!
Monthly time blocks for athletic practice sessions for teams, organizations and clubs.
- Secure 8 hours of practice time per month for your club, team or organization for only $200/month!
- This fee allows you exclusive utilization of ½ of a gymnasium for 2-hour blocks each Sunday for one month to be used specifically for athletic practice for your organization.
- Sports that are permitted: baseball, basketball, field hockey, lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, and cheerleading.
The perks of the Sunday Sports Block Club are many: VERY reasonable indoor gym rental rates, consistent weekly practices and the ability to train who you need to train each week make this club a great indoor practice option. Registration now open and times will fill up quickly!
This is a City of Chesapeake Parks, Recreation and Tourism athletic program and each Sports Block will only be secured by full payment. Waivers of liability or insurance are required for all participants. Each block of time is permitted to have up to 40 participants at any given time but you can manage your reserved time based on your organizational needs. As long as we have waivers or insurance and rosters for all your participants, it doesn't matter which ones come each Sunday!
No training aids are included so groups provide their own equipment which must be approved for indoor use in advance.
- Deep Creek Community Center
2901 Margaret Booker Drive, 23323
- Great Bridge Community Center
212 Holt Drive, 23322
- Western Branch Community Center
4437 Portsmouth Blvd, 23323
Sundays | December - April
12-2 p.m., 2:15-4:15 p.m., 4:40-6:30 p.m., 6:45-8:45 p.m.
*2 practice groups/session with gym divider curtain
INFORMATION and TO REGISTER:
Chesapeake Parks, Recreation and Tourism, contact Thurman Diamond, TDiamond@cityofchesapeake.net or 757-382-1327