- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Spring Adult Softball
TEAM REGISTRATION PROCEDURE & LEAGUE INFORMATION
To Register: Complete the Adult Team Registration Form and submit payment by Friday, March 11, 2022. Registration can be made in-person or online.
Registration Deadline: Friday, March 11, 2022
Registration Fee: $490.00 - Payment methods: Credit card, cash, and checks (made payable to: Chesapeake Treasurer)
- Registration fee and form must be submitted together for in-person registration.
- Teams will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. A limited number of spots are available.
- A late fee may be assessed for late registrations.
- Once fees are submitted, NO REFUNDS will be processed unless the City cancels all or part of the program.
Chesapeake Parks, Recreation and Tourism
1224 Progressive Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23320
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Visit our online registration site: Adult Softball Registration
There will be a surcharge of 5.5% for all online payments.
Season Start Dates:
Co-Ed League: April 8, 2022
Men's Open, Church, and Senior Leagues: Week of April 11, 2022
Team Practice Schedule: March 21 - April 1, 2022
- Teams may sign up for two 1-hour practice sessions. Rained out practices may be rescheduled if space is available.
- Practice dates and times to be determined once registration has closed.
Coaches' Meeting: Tuesday, April 5 at 6:00 p.m., River Crest Community Center, 1001 River Walk Parkway
Schedules and Facilities:
- Teams will play approximately 14-16 games.
- Doubleheaders will start at 6:30 p.m. (Exception: Western Branch games will start at 6:45 p.m.)
- Games will be played at the following locations: Greenbrier Sports Park, Indian River High School, and Western Branch Park.
Division Assignments: To balance competition, the City will administer the following:
- Spring and fall playoff teams may be moved up to the next division/level of play.
- Spring and fall performance will be used to determine divisional placement.
- Division assignments will be made at the discretion of the Adult Softball League Coordinator.
- Team rosters are due 48 hours prior to first game. Teams failing to submit a team roster 48 hours prior to their first game will not be authorized to play until they have met the 48 hour requirement.
- Teams are limited to a total of 25 players.
Post Season Tournament:
- Number of teams advancing for post season play will be determined by the number of teams within their respective division.
- Game Balls – Teams will provide their own balls during games. All Male players will use the 12-inch .52 cor., 300 lbs. compression USA-approved softballs. All Female players will use the 11-inch .52 cor., 300 lbs. compression USA-approved softballs. Senior league players will use 12-inch .44 cor., 375 lbs. compression balls with the U.S.A. (or ASA) logo on approved softballs. Ball color MUST be optic Yellow.
- Bats – All bats must be USA Softball approved. Age/gender-specific bats may only be allowed in those leagues.
- Multiple Teams – A player may not be registered on multiple rosters within the same league night. The player will be suspended until they are removed from all but one roster. A player may play on multiple teams that play on different nights. No scheduling accommodations will be made for players on multiple teams.