- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
What are the guidelines and procedures to serve alcohol at my event?
- Obtain an Outdoor Special Event Permit
- Obtain an ABC Permit
- Submit a site plan for review
- Submit a security plan for review
- Submit a letter of permission to hold the event from the property owner/manager
Alcohol consumption is generally not permitted on any property owned by the City of Chesapeake.
Alcohol is not permitted at any City of Chesapeake park or recreational facility other than those listed in City of Chesapeake Code 50-20. Alcohol consumption at portions of Chesapeake City Park, Battlefield Park, Elizabeth River Park, Dismal Swamp Canal Trail, Chesapeake Arboretum, Courtyard Square Park and The Portlock at South Norfolk may be approved for some festivals, large special events, and large corporate events as permitted by the City and pursuant to regulations established in the Alcohol Request Guidelines and Procedures.