- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
NWRP Shelter and Facility Rentals
Northwest River Park has a variety of park sections and shelters available for rent. Whether you are having a birthday party, wedding, reception, company outing or your next family reunion we have the right accommodations for you. Sections and shelter rentals are available throughout the year. Please take into account the necessary time for cleanup to ensure you are out of the park by sunset.
Chesapeake City Residents and Chesapeake Community Organizations may begin renting park shelters and reserving park section facilities for the following year beginning on December 1. All others can begin securing their annual reservations on January 2.
How to reserve a shelter or park section:
1. Review sizes and pricing to choose a shelter or section size that will accommodate your function and number of guests.
2. Review locations to confirm existing shelter sizes at the park.
- Listing of Park Shelter Locations - see listing for Northwest River Park
- Map of NWRP Park With Shelter and Section Locations
- Chesapeake Recreation Facilities Table
For rentals at Northwest River Park call at 757-421-7151 for more details. Also available for rent: camping sites/cabins, equestrian camping, bikes or paddle boats, kayaks, and canoes. Have a large group? Reserve one of the large shelters.
It is strongly suggested that applicants visit the location(s) of interest in person prior to submitting the application and payment to confirm that the selected rental space meets the needs of the applicant's planned activities.
3. Review the rental application and addendum with all policies and guidelines before securing your reservation with payment. You may fill it out online and then print it out and bring it in to the camp store/office or you may fill it out in person at the camp store/office when you come in to make the reservation and payment.
Refund/Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy: Fifteen (15) day's notice is required for any cancellation or rescheduling (subject to additional fees). If rental reservation date is less than 15 days away, no refunds will be approved for activities that are cancelled by the applicant for any reason including impending weather forecasts or actual weather conditions on the day of the rental unless the City of Chesapeake closes operations citywide on the day of the rental. See application for further information, pricing, policies, facility listings and locations.
4. Check rental availability by calling Northwest River Park at 757-421-7151 prior to completing the rental application (and Addendum if applicable).
All rentals are subject to availability on a first-come, first served basis at the time of reservation. Rentals may be reserved only in person with the completion of the rental application and addendum, along with payment of the full rental fee. No "holds" will be permitted pending receipt of application, addendum and payment.
5. Will you need a special permit? You will need a special permit if any of the following conditions apply and the permit application must be submitted no less than 30 days prior to the date of the proposed activity. Please contact the camp store office for more information and a permit application. See rental Addendum for more information.
|Outdoor Special Event Permit Application:||
Small Event Permit Application
6. Secure the rental. The rental fee and any deposit are to be paid at time of application in person at the Northwest River Park camp store/office.* Online payment and reservations cannot be accepted at this time.
The camp store/office is currently open seven days a week including city-observed holidays except for New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Northwest River Park
1733 Indian Creek Road, Chesapeake, Virginia 23322
Store Hours: Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.