- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- Property Information
Weekends on the Lake
Calling all paddlers! Bring your own kayak/canoe/stand-up paddleboard and join us this summer for Weekends on the Lake at Oak Grove Lake Park. One weekend each month, June through September. Check out the dates on the schedule below.
Paddle Your Way:
- Bring Your Own Kayak, Canoe or SUP and Life Jacket*
- No trailers allowed.
- Inflatable kayaks and SUPs are allowed; however, staff have the right to deny access if vessels are not rigid in design or are not properly inflated. Multi-layered construction of vessels is preferred.
- All youth age 17 or younger must wear a personal flotation device (PFD) and be able to swim.
- Youth age 12-17 may paddle in a separate boat but must be accompanied by an adult chaperone in another boat. Required ratio of youth participants to adult chaperones will be one to one - one adult chaperone for each youth participant.
- Youth age 11 years or younger must paddle in the same boat with an adult.
Schedule and Times:
- June - Saturday, June 11 and Sunday, June 12: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- July - Saturday, July 16 and Sunday, July 17: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- August - Saturday, August 13 and Sunday, August 14: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- September - Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Note: Subject to cancelation due to inclement or impending inclement weather.
Location: Oak Grove Lake Park
Paddle the Peake Passport Check-In Site!
Exploring Chesapeake’s beautiful waterways and awe-inspiring wildlife by kayak, canoe or paddle-board just got even more exciting with the new Paddle the Peake Passport. This FREE passport guides you to the great places to paddle, the history and ecology of local waterways, Chesapeake flora and fauna, and more as you “level up” for fun perks along the way.
Prizes will be awarded for the number of unique location check-ins you do. Make it a road trip or weekend getaway and earn fun swag like dry bags, hats or the exclusive Paddle the Peake Nalgene water bottle. For more information on how you can earn rewards, visit our web page.