- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
** UPDATE 6/11/21, 4:00 PM: KayaXpedition has been canceled due to current saturated conditions within the park and the forecast for inclement weather, including wind, on Saturday, June 12. However, we are happy to announce that we will be offering August Sundays on the Lake! Each Sunday in August, the public will be able to bring their kayaks, paddleboards and canoes to enjoy the waterway in Oak Grove Lake Park between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. More details to come!**
The annual KayaXpedition, a kayaking and canoeing event, is back in Chesapeake this year! There's something for everyone including music, food trucks, outdoor outfitter vendors, and kayak and canoe rentals. Bring your own kayak/canoe/SUP or rent a kayak/canoe from Parks, Recreation and Tourism.
Fees below will apply.
- Walk-up Kayak and Canoe Rentals - 30 minute sessions
$5 per person, cash only
- Bring Your Own Kayak, Canoe or SUP - 1.5 hour sessions
$10 per vessel
Pre-registration will be required with completed waiver form and will open on Monday, May 17 at 9:00 a.m.
No trailers allowed
Inflatable kayaks and SUPs are allowed; however, staff have the right to deny access if vessels are not rigid in design or are not property inflated. Multi-layered construction of vessels is preferred.
One on-site parking spot provided for each reservation
- All youth age 17 or younger must wear a personal flotation device (PFD) and be able to swim.
- Youth age 12-17 may paddle in a separate boat but must be accompanied by an adult chaperone in another boat. Required ratio of youth participants to adult chaperones will be one to one - one adult chaperone for each youth participant.
- Youth age 11 years or younger must paddle in the same boat with an adult.
Date and Time:
Saturday, June 12, 2021 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: Oak Grove Lake Park