This web page will indicate changes of availability to the general public at the City of Chesapeake's parks and recreational facilities, to include community centers and specialty facilities. Examples of such changes could be due to major renovations or repairs, city major events or other large-scale activities or programs, large rentals, etc. These changes could affect parking, traffic and/or other amenities. See section below under "Events/Programs/Rentals" for specific listings. Parks will be open to the public during these events/programs unless otherwise specified below.
City-observed Holidays at times also affect the availability at our centers and specialty facilities. See the listing of city observed holidays.
Bells Mill Park
- Beginning August 1 (and subsequent Mondays) practices, with meets on September 7, 14, 22, (28), October 5, 12, (19) at 5:30 p.m. and October 1, November 5, 11, 12 at 9:00 a.m. - High School Southeastern District Cross Country practices and meets. See schedule.
- October 8 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - 6th Annual Atlantic Coast High School Cross Country Invitational
Chesapeake City Park
- June 4 from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. - Relay for Life of South Hampton Roads
- June 25 from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. - Rock the Park Concert
- July 13, 20, 27 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. - Tidewater Winds Free Concerts in the Park
Dismal Swamp Canal Trail
- May 28 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. - Tidewater Striders Fallen Heroes 4-Miler
Elizabeth River Park
- Beginning April 28 and then every 2nd and 4th Thursday through September from 5-8:30 p.m. - Rolling on the River Food Trucks
- June 3 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Love Liz Fest
You may receive notifications through Chesapeake Alert for major changes in parks and facilities due to renovations, repair or major events by signing up here.
For up-to-the-minute Parks, Recreation and Tourism COVID19-related event cancellations and postponements, visit our department Facebook page.
Additional Information: 757-382-6411