- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- Property Information
Serve the City
The City of Chesapeake works with various volunteer organizations that repair homes for Chesapeake citizens.
To be eligible you must:
- Own your home and live in it
- Household income has to be below the median for the city
- Property taxes must be up-to-date
What types of repairs will the volunteers do?
There are no hard and fast rules. For the most part, handicapped ramps, floor and wall repairs, painting and other minor carpentry work is what they do best.Once an applicant has been pre-screened for eligibility, the home is evaluated on an individual basis by a volunteer for suitability. Accordingly, the homeowner may be referred to other appropriate agencies for additional assistance.