- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Fire Prevention Week October 4th-10th
|Phone: 757-382-6566||Fax: 757-382-8313||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Address: 304 Albemarle Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23322|
Kitchen Safety Tips:
- Never leave cooking food unattended. Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, grilling or broiling. If you have to leave, even for a short time, turn off the stove.
- If you are simmering, baking, roasting, or boiling food, check it regularly, remain in the home while food is cooking, and use a timer to remind you that you’re cooking.
- You have to be alert when cooking. You won’t be alert if you are sleepy, have taken medicine or drugs, or consumed alcohol that makes you drowsy.
- Always keep an oven mitt and pan lid nearby when you’re cooking. If a small grease fire starts, slide the lid over the pan to smother the flame. Turn off the burner, and leave the pan covered until it is completely cool.
- Have a “kid-free zone” of at least 3 feet around the stove and areas where hot food or drink is prepared or carried.
Calling all Students of Chesapeake!!!
The CFD is having a contest for Fire Prevention Week!!!To participate, email a drawing, painting or coloring sheet showing what this year's theme
Entries should be sent to ChesapeakeFire304@gmail.com.In the subject, please include the student's grade level as entries will be judged using the following categories: Kindergarten-2ndgrade, 3rd grade -5thgrade, 6thgrade – 8thgrade and 9th grade to 12thgrade.On Friday, October 9th, we will announce 4 winners from each school age group. The winner will receive a prize bag delivered by the Chesapeake Fire Department.