- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
I Want To
The General Registrar's office: Registers all eligible citizens to vote • Conducts all federal, state, municipal elections and primaries under the guidance of the Electoral Board in accordance with Federal and State laws • Maintains accurate registration and election records • Coordinates the filing of local candidates (City Council, School Board, Constitutional Offices, and Director of Soil and Water Conservation)
Are You Ready To Vote!
Did you know that you can……..Register to vote, access your Virginia voter record to update your registration, apply to vote absentee, and view your polling place, election district, absentee ballot status and voting history, all in one place ? Log on to the Virginia Voter Information Citizen Portal.
If you require in-person assistance, please call 757-277-9797 for further instructions.
November 3, 2020 General Election Candidates
President and Vice President
- D - Joseph R. Biden 1500 Market St Fl 19 - Philadelphia, PA 19102-2100 email@example.com
- R - Donald J. Trump 675 Washington St. - Alexandria, VA 22314
- L - Jo Jorgensen 3620 Pelham Rd # 300 - Greenville, SC 29615-5044
Member United States Senate
- D - Mark R. Warner 1406 Leslie Ave Ste B - Alexandria, VA 22301-1619 firstname.lastname@example.org
- R - Daniel M. Gade 7330 Staples Mill Rd # 312 - Henrico, VA 23228-4122 email@example.com
Member House of Representatives 3rd District
- D - Robert C. "Bobby" Scott PO Box 251 - Newport News, VA 23607 firstname.lastname@example.org
- R - John W. Collick Jr. Committee to Elect John Collick - PO Box 5588 -Suffolk, VA 23435 email@example.com
Member House of Representatives 4th District
- D - A. Donald McEachin McEachin for Congress - 314 Cannon House Office Building - Washington, DC 20515 firstname.lastname@example.org
- R - Leon Benjamin Sr. VAinfo@benjaminforcongress.com
- October 13: Last day to register to vote or update your address for this election.
- September 18 thru October 31: Absentee and Early voting open for this election.
- October 23 by 5 p.m.: Last day to request that an absentee ballot be mailed to you.
- October 31: Last Day to vote an absentee ballot, in person, at your local voter registration office.
- November 3: Election Day: Polls open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.