We’ve spoken a lot about contact tracing and its importance in fighting COVID-19 but do you know what to expect if you’re ever contacted by a contact tracer?
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The Caller ID from a contact tracer will come up as “VDH COVID Team” on your phone.
- The person calling will inform you of your contact to a known positive case.
- They’ll offer you information on monitoring symptoms and can help refer you to medical evaluations and testing.
- They may also offer to enroll you in a voluntary contact monitoring platform called Sara Alert which would help you keep the Health Department aware of your health status.
Contact tracers will not ask for:
- your social security number,
- your bank account, or
- your credit card information.
Contact Tracing comes at no cost to you.
Watch: Chesapeake Epidemiologist Lisa Engle offers more information on contact tracing:
Previously: Contact Tracing