You’ve heard it said before but it is worth repeating: Libraries are so much more than just books. This week is National Library Week so let’s take a look at some of the services you may not know are available to you, for free.
- Earn Continuing Education Units through Universal Class. Improve your career with classes in accounting or computer skills or go the hobby route and learn cake decorating, mixology, or floral arranging.
- Get free access to notaries, computers, faxes, and scanners. For just a small fee use printers and copiers.
- Dig into your history with free access to ancestry websites. Unearth the secrets of the past with help from community historians and dedicated volunteers in the Wallace Memorial History Room at the Central Library.
- Learn a new language with Transparent Language and even get your child learning with KidSpeak, both available online.
- Attend one of their many events that range from help for budding writers to fans of psychedelic funk.
- Get help with business plans and download legal forms
- And of course, consume a huge variety of books in a way that works for you, whether that be digital download, audio, or the old fashioned way.
Visit ChesapeakeLibrary.org to learn more about your local library or walk into the branch nearest you to see everything they have to offer!