- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- Property Information
Citizen Advisory Group
The Chesapeake Police Department Citizen Advisory Group was established on May 1, 2010.
The purpose of the Citizen Advisory Group is to enhance a cooperative working relationship with the police department and the citizens of Chesapeake, furthering the exchange of information and ideas, promoting harmonious police-community relations and working to improve conditions relating to the delivery of law enforcement services in the community.
The Chesapeake Police Department Citizen Advisory Group conducts open forums periodically throughout the city. All citizens are invited to attend the open forums to relay issues concerning law enforcement related services. Scheduled meetings may be found on the Police Departments calendar.
Qualifications to be a member of the Chesapeake Police Department Citizen Advisory Group.
• Must be a resident of Chesapeake, a representative from a religious organization or business operating within the City of Chesapeake.
• Must attend regular meetings.
• Must be willing to submit to a criminal history check.
Current Members of the Citizen Advisory Group include:
- Mr. Melvin Miller, Chair
- Mrs. Dorothy Juma-Dimperio, Vice-Chair
- Mrs. Heather Brusso, Secretary
- Mrs. Denae Armstrong
- Mr. Larry Hazelwood
- Mrs. Janine Marshall
- Mr. Michael McCormick
- Mr. Grady Palmer
- Mr. Francis Rohrmayer
Questions concerning the Citizen Advisory Group may be directed to the Administrative Assistant for the Chief of Police at 757-382-8825 or by email email@example.com