- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Citizen's Online Reporting
English | Español
Welcome to the CPD Citizen's Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency or Crime in Progress, please call 9-1-1 now.
For most police calls when there is not an offender on scene, PLEASE use the Citizens Online Police Reporting System
Please read ALL the information below BEFORE starting the report process using the link at the bottom of this page.
Types of incidents that can be reported online:
Only the following incident types can be reported online:
- Abandoned Vehicle
- Annoying Phone Calls/Telephone Offenses
- Bad Checks
- Barking Dog Complaint
- Credit Card Theft
- Damaged Property, regardless of value
- Embezzlement, regardless of value
- File Supplemental Report
- Forgery/Counterfeit, regardless of value
- Fraud, regardless of value
- Liquor Offenses
- Lost Property
- Obscene Phone Calls
- Theft/Larcenies, including Shoplifting, regardless of value
- Theft/Larcenies from a vehicle, regardless of value
- Vandalism/Destruction of Property, regardless of value
- Vehicle Tampering
Please confirm the following to find out if you can file an online report by computer, tablet or cellular smartphone:
- Is the type of incident you wish to report in the list of crimes that can be reported online (above)?
- Did the incident occur within the Chesapeake City limits?
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
- Do you have email?
If you answered YES to ALL of the above questions, you can file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered NO to ANY of the questions please look at our Citizen's Online Police Reporting System Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizen's Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
Filing a false police report is a crime.
What crimes can only be reported in person?
- Some crimes, such as crimes-in-progress with a suspect on-scene, violent crimes, sex crimes (attempted or completed), missing persons, runaway juveniles, and hate crimes (committed due to race, religion, ethnic or national origin, disability, or sexual orientation) must be reported in person. If one of these types of crime apply, please call 9-1-1 for emergencies or 757-382-6161 for non-emergencies.
If, after reading ALL the information above, you can file an online report, please use one of the two options below:
|Submit an Online Incident Report by clicking here|
and a link will be texted back to your cellular phone
(you will be able to complete the report on your cell phone)