- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- Property Information
Cold Case - John Lee Pope
On December 16, 1966, John Lee Pope, age 17, was found stabbed and beaten in the 1800 block of Wellington Avenue in the South Norfolk section of the City. The victim, a resident of Norfolk, was a sophomore at Booker T. Washington High School. This is currently the oldest unsolved homicide in the City of Chesapeake. The public is asked to assist in solving this crime.
For a complete list of unsolved homicides, visit www.cityofchesapeake.net/cold-case.
The case remains unsolved. There is a reward of up to $1000 if your information leads to an arrest. You can remain anonymous.
What you can do if you have ANY information?
If you have ANY information regarding an unsolved case, your tip can be forwarded to the Crimes Against Persons Squad:
1. By Telephone via Chesapeake Crime Line at 1-888-562-5887
2. Online at P3Tips.com or with the mobile APP "P3TIPS"
3. By Email to: ColdCase@CityofChesapeake.net
4. Using the Cold Case Homicide Tip Sheet: Cold Case Homicide Tip Sheet