- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Cold Case - "Baby Daniel" John Doe Infant Male
On January 17, 2003, a white male infant was found abandoned and deceased in the Western Branch section of the City. The infant was discovered by an eleven year old boy in Western Branch Park between the tennis courts and a wooded area. The baby, who was named “Daniel” by the investigators and the community, was wearing an oversized diaper and wrapped in two blankets. The umbilical cord was still attached leading investigators to believe the birth was recent.
The public is asked to assist in identifying who the child is.
- The case remains unsolved. There is a reward of up to $1000 if your information leads to an arrest. You can remain anonymous.
What you can do if you have ANY information?
If you have ANY information regarding an unsolved case, your tip can be forwarded to the Crimes Against Persons Squad:
1. By Telephone via Chesapeake Crime Line at 1-888-562-5887
2. Online at P3Tips.com or with the mobile APP "P3TIPS"
3. By Email to: ColdCase@CityofChesapeake.net
4. Using the Cold Case Homicide Tip Sheet: Cold Case Homicide Tip Sheet