- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
City of Chesapeake Retiree Information Portal
OPEN ENROLLMENT COMING SOON!
Open Enrollment for 2022 Benefits will be October 12th through October 29th, 2021. Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to enroll or make changes to your medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, flexible spending or health savings account and pre-paid legal. Employees enrolled in Virginia Retirement System Plan 1 or 2 can also request enrollment or decline long term disability coverage.
Prepare in advance by reviewing your current benefit elections and contact information by logging into your account in Employee Self Service (ESS), which can be accessed via the following link https://ess.cityofchesapeake.net.
Due to the pandemic and minimal plan changes, live Open Enrollment meetings will not be held this year. Online information will be made available for all benefit options at www.optimahealth.com/ches. Virtual meeting dates can be found listed below.
All election changes will be made through Employee Self Service (ESS) and must be entered by 5:00 p.m. on October 29, 2021.
|DATE OF MEETINGS||TIME||MEETING ID||PASSCODE||WEBLINK|
|Wednesday, 10/13/2021||10:00 AM||838 5544 8677||505751||Link to Meeting|
|Tuesday, 10/19/2021||2:00 PM||838 3638 8787||853027||Link to Meeting|
|Thursday, 10/21/2021||10:00 AM||861 4213 9282||815843||Link to Meeting|
|Wednesday, 10/27/2021||10:00 AM||817 1557 7595||083635||Link to Meeting|
LONG TERM CARE INSURANCE
You are eligible to apply for coverage in the COV Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance Program if you are over age 18 and a:
- Deferred VRS member under age 75 who is vested (you have at least five years of service credit).
- Retiree under age 75 receiving a VRS-administered benefit.
- Family members may also apply for coverage if they are between the ages of 18 and 75 and undergo full medical underwriting. Eligible family members include:
- A spouse.
- Adult children.
- Parents, parents-in-law and step parents
- Grandparents, grandparents-in-law, step grandparents and step grandparents-in-law.
Under this program, coverage to help pay for long-term care may be more affordable than you think. It also offers a variety of coverage levels available to meet your individual needs and budgets.
Learn more at www.genworth.com/COV or call 866-859-6060.