- Applicant will submit a House Moving Application to the code official when moving an existing dwelling or other building into or within the city.
- Building must meet the standards of the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code.
- The code official will determine if new location of the building would seriously increase the fire hazard of the surrounding buildings.
For issuing each permit the fees are as follows;
- For the moving of any building from one location to another location on the same lot or parcel or to a different parcel within or outside of the City of Chesapeake, the fee shall be $10.00 per 100 square foot of the structure being moved.
- In addition to the permit fee above there is a minimum fee to issue a permit of $50.00, plus a $5.00 Tech Fee and a 2% State Levy.
Housing Moving Permit Application Form -