- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
|Phone: 757-382-6018||Fax: 757-382-8448||Email:
|Address: 306 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23322|
- Board of Building Code Appeals
- Building Permit Fees
- Certificate of Occupancy
- Demolition Permit Fee
- Development Review Fees
- Electrical Permit Fees
- Elevator Fee
- Gas Permit Fee
- Mechanical Permit Fee
- Plan Review -Landscape/Trees Fee
- Plan Review - Building Permit Fees
- Plumbing Permit Fees
- Reinspection Fee
- Rental Inspection Fee
- Tent Permit Fees
- Temporary Signs
- Work Without Permit Fee
- Zoning Fees
- Commercial Alteration Permit Fees
- Commercial New/Addition Permit Fees
- Residential Building Permit Fees
- Residential Alteration/Addition Permit Fees
- Farm Building Inspection Fees
- Mechanical Permit Fees
- Fee schedule and permit information booklet
Landscape/Tree Plan Review
For the review of new one-and two-family dwelling unit site plans, a fee of $10.00 shall be charged at the time of permit issuance.
Reinspections, Late Charges, Appeals, Certificate of Occupancy and Other Miscellaneous Fees
- Reinspection Fee: $35.00
- Late charge for beginning work without a permit: $75.00
- For each appeal to the board of building code appeals, a fee of $25.00 shall be paid by the appellant.
- There shall be a fee of $25.00 for early release for new residential and commercial.
- Change of Permit Holder: The permit fee for reissuance to a new permit holder in order to complete construction shall be based on the valuation and/or proposed work according to the fee schedule.
- Residential Demolition permit requires a Rat Free Certificate which is obtained by inspection of the premises by a member of the Code Compliance Inspectors. A fee of $35.00 is required prior to inspection of the property.
- Situations not specified in this fee schedule will be handled on a per-case basis and are subject to the approval of the director of Development and Permits.