- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Straight to Defect with Ancillary Bond
If all subdivision improvements are complete with exception of the Sidewalk and Right-of-Way Vegetation, Surface Course Asphalt, and/or Landscaping, a Performance Bond will need to be posted for these items.
- All improvements reflected on subdivision plan are to be complete and any
punchlistitems resolved. Items indicated above may be placed in a Performance Bond.
- Subdivision Plat is ready for recordation.
- Final Subdivision Plat must be reviewed and approved by Directors of Development and Permits and Planning.
- Plat processing fees are paid.
- Lot Grading Certification is submitted.
- Total inspection fees paid.
- All Streets and Drainage Final Acceptance items must be submitted and approved:
- Subdivision Agreement & Performance Bond (For ancillary items only, typically sidewalk and surface course asphalt – Must be approved by City Attorney)
- Defect Bond (Must be approved by City Attorney)
- Right-of-Way Monument Certification
- Construction Record Drawings
- Street Light Installation payment or Cost Agreement (if required)
- Utilities Final Inspection (Activate Water & Sewer)
- Streets & Drainage Final Inspection is performed.
- Record Plat.
- Subdivision then goes to 2-year Defect Period.