- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
FY 2019-2020 Approved Operating Budget (by section)
Manager's Budget Message
Describes the budget process, the City's organization, discussion of major funds, long-range planning process, and budget and financial policies.
- Graphs - "Where it is Coming From ... and Where it is Going..."
- Resources and Requirements
- Displays the City budget revenues and expenses in summary
- Operating Budget Summaries
- Fund Balance Projection
- Displays the total Operating Budget by Fund, by Section and by Type of expense. Includes a display of the General Fund revenues and expenses.
- Report of New Position Requests
- Personnel Summary
- Provides details of the revenue sources of the City.
Operating Budget by Department
- Governance and Management
- Provides budget details for offices and departments of elected and appointed officials and on departments focused on internal municipal services (finance, human resources, etc.).
- Quality Community of Life
- Provides budget details for departments providing human, health, recreational, and knowledge services to citizens, including: Human Service Agencies, Health Department, Parks & Recreation, and Libraries.
- Economic and Environmental Vitality
- Provides budget details for departments focused on development of the local economy and on the physical infrastructure and environment of the community. This section includes: Economic Development, Planning, Development and Permits, Public Works, and Public Utilities.
- Public Safety and Justice
- Provides budget details for departments focused on safety and justice, including: Police, Fire, Sheriff, and Courts.
- Provides a summary of Chesapeake Public Schools’ Operating Budget.
- Provides a summary of the debt payments required of the City with identification of funding sources and debt management policies. Section also includes internal service funds (Technology, Fleet, and Risk Management) and city-wide non- departmental payments.
- Internal Services
- Provides necessary functions throughout the organization and bill their services to other City departments. This section also includes the Debt Service for the City and Schools, and the other agencies that receive funding from the City.
- Provides a chart of accounts, glossary, and revenue detail.