- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Mayor's Commission on Veterans Affairs
|Contact: Shawn Burns||Phone: 252-267-3422||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
2021 Veterans Day Memorial Ceremony
The Mayor’s Commission on Veterans Affairs will host its 2021 Veterans Day Memorial Ceremony will be held at 11:00 a.m. November 11 at Chesapeake City Hall, 306 Cedar Road. Colonel Gabrielle M. Hermès, U. S. Marines Corps, will serve as the ceremony's guest speaker.
The Mayor's Commission on Veterans Affairs serves in an advisory capacity to the Mayor. The Commission makes recommendations concerning issues related to City policies and laws which affect Veterans.
The Mayor's Commission on Veterans Affairs purpose is to assist the City of Chesapeake in providing benefits and services to its citizens as related to Veterans Affairs.
- To be a knowledge resource for the Mayor and city government regarding issues that may affect veterans;
- To honor veterans and to show public appreciation for those who serve and have served our country and;
- To manage the Chesapeake Veterans Memorial Fund and to oversee the maintenance and repair of the Veterans Memorial
For more information about the Chesapeake Mayor's Commission on Veterans Affairs, contact the Mayor's office:
Office of the Mayor
306 Cedar Road
Chesapeake, Virginia 23322