- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Mayor's Commission on Veterans Affairs
CANCELLATION: The Mayor’s Breakfast to Honor Veterans, scheduled for September 19, 2020 has been cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns.
|Contact: Paul Phelps||Phone: 757-633-5994||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
The Mayor's Commission on Veterans Affairs serves in an advisory capacity to the Mayor. The Commission makes recommendations concerning issues related to City policies and laws which affect Veterans.
The Mayor's Commission on Veterans Affairs purpose is to assist the City of Chesapeake in providing benefits and services to its citizens as related to Veterans Affairs.
- To be a knowledge resource for the Mayor and city government regarding issues that may affect veterans;
- To honor veterans and to show public appreciation for those who serve and have served our country and;
- To manage the Chesapeake Veterans Memorial Fund and to oversee the maintenance and repair of the Veterans Memorial
For more information about the Chesapeake Mayor's Commission on Veterans Affairs, contact the Mayor's office:
Office of the Mayor
306 Cedar Road
Chesapeake, Virginia 23322