- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Same Day Access
At this time we are serving Chesapeake residents only. To find the Community Services Board serving your city or county, visit the Virginia Association of Community Services Boards (VACSB) website at www.vacsb.org/csb-bha-directory/.
For ages 3 and up, to be screened for CIBH services, come to 224 Great Bridge Boulevard Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Bring the following with you to prevent any delay in receiving services:
- Photo ID
- Proof of Chesapeake residency (something other than your ID)
- Proof of income
- Proof of family size
- Insurance cards and copayments if applicable
- If you would like your child to be screened and assessed for services, please bring them with you.
For ages birth through 3, contact the Chesapeake Infant Intervention Program at 757-547-8929.
See below for answers to frequently asked questions. If you need more information, call us at 757-547-9334 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Instead of scheduling an intake appointment in advance, you may walk in without an appointment and be seen the same day for your registration and clinical assessment. Same day completion of registrations and clinical assessments is dependent on the time of arrival at CIBH and remaining same day assessment availability. After the completion of the clinical assessment, you may be referred for other services such as medication management, outpatient therapy, detox services, case management, etc.
Can I see a doctor right away?
As of June 2, 2022, CIBH is not accepting new clients for medication management.
When can I walk in?
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where do I walk in?
224 Great Bridge Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23320. HRT bus route 14 stops here.
How much does it cost?
Costs vary depending on the services you receive. If you have insurance, check with your insurance company to find out what your co-payment is.
What if I don't have insurance?
We can help you apply for Medicaid when you come in. To complete the application you will need to provide your name, date-of-birth, address, social security number and income for the prior month.
If you don't qualify for Medicaid, you may be eligible for a reduced fee based on your income and family size. You will need to bring ID as well as proof of income, address and family size with you to be considered for a discounted fee.
Do I need to bring anything?
Yes. The list below details what you must bring. We will not be able to complete the registration if you do not have all the required documentation with you.
- Photo identification - (DMV or other government-issued photo ID, school or work picture ID)
- Verification of your social security number - (social security card, IRS tax return or transcript, W-2, social security award letter)
- Proof of family size - (custody/guardianship documents, birth certificates, insurance cards, separation/divorce papers, etc.)
- Proof of address - (recent bill, probation & parole letter, homeless/shelter verification, mail addressed to you within the last month)
- Proof of income - (last 2 paystubs, W-2, social security eligibility letter)
- Insurance Card
- Payment - your payment is required at the time of service. If you have insurance, you will be expected to pay your full copayment. If you don't have insurance, and you have proof of Chesapeake residency, your fee may be determined based on your income and family size. We accept cash, check, credit and debit cards.