- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Next TTFAC Meeting
January 20, 2022
Great Bridge Recreation Center - Club Room
Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Committee
|Contact: Gary Walton||Phone: 757-204-0014|
|Contact: Belinda Malone||Phone: 757-204-0014|
The Committee shall act in an advisory capacity to the City Council and shall review and provide recommendations to the City Council on any proposed increase in tolls, fees or other charges (“tolls”) assessed on motorists for the privilege of using a transportation facility located in whole or in part in the City of Chesapeake. The committee shall be appointed by Council and shall consist of five members as follows: 1) one member with a technical background, such as an engineer or an architect; 2) one member that is a principal, officer, or owner of a business; 3) one member that has a financial background; 4) one resident at large; and one attorney.
(City Code Sec. 2-620.30 through 2-620.33 adopted by ordinance February 17, 2009)
- December 18, 2019 TTFAC Citizen Information Meeting - SNJB Toll Increase
- October 2013 Chesapeake Expressway Traffic & Revenue report
- On July 10, City Council unanimously approved the initial toll schedule for the Chesapeake Transportation System.
- Public Hearing Presentation – On June 18, a public hearing was held to discuss the proposed multi-year toll system for the Chesapeake Transportation System (improved Dominion Blvd and the Chesapeake Expressway).
- On May 22, 2012, a City Council work session presentation was given on the Chesapeake Transportation System and Dominion Boulevard project update.
- Chesapeake Expressway Toll Revenue and Traffic Analysis - 2011 Peak Season
- Chesapeake Expressway Investment Grade Traffic & Revenue Study 2010
- Toll Revenue Financing 101
Presentation to committee on October 1, 2009
Duties and Purpose of the Committee
City Code Sec. 2-620.30 through 2-620.33 was adopted by ordinance on February 17, 2009
The committee shall hold at least one public hearing, notice of which shall be published electronically in a prominent place on the city website no less than seven calendar days prior to the date of the public hearing. The committee shall also seek input from the owner and operator of the tolled transportation facility regarding the proposed increase in tolls. Following the public hearing, the committee shall prepare a written report containing recommendations to be submitted to city council and the owner and operator of the tolled transportation facility. Such recommendations shall be advisory and shall be given due consideration by city council. The director of public works shall have the duty of notifying the committee of a proposed toll increase in a timely manner sufficient to allow the committee to carry out its duties under this division.
(Ord. No. 09-O-014)