- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Chesapeake Conservation Conference
|Phone: 757-382-6411||Email: SpecialPrograms@cityofchesapeake.net|
Address: Chesapeake Conference Center
700 Conference Center Drive, Chesapeake VA 23320
The Chesapeake Conservation Conference and Environmental Awards Luncheon originally scheduled for Wednesday, March 9, 2022, has been postponed until October 6, 2022. We look forward to hosting these events at the Chesapeake Conference Center later this year. Current registrants will be contacted via email with options for registration or a refund. For questions, please call the Chesapeake Parks, Recreation and Tourism office at 757-382-6411.
You are invited to attend the Chesapeake Conservation Conference and 39th Annual Environmental Awards Luncheon at the Chesapeake Conference Center on Thursday, October 6, 2022. The conference will bring together the environmental and conservation community of the City of Chesapeake and Hampton Roads for a day of networking, planning and learning. Two morning sessions will focus on urban forestry, including a panel discussion with local foresters and a presentation titled "Building Resiliency with Green Infrastructure Tools". The conference will highlight the multitude of benefits that trees bring to our community and present efforts that are underway to enhance our area's urban forests. Speakers are subject to change.
After the morning conference, attendees will enjoy the Environmental Awards Luncheon and keynote presentation titled "Can the Urban Forest Help Us Adapt to a Changing Climate?". The luncheon will honor local individuals, community groups, schools, and businesses by recognizing their outstanding environmental projects.
Continuing Education Units (CEU's) are approved through the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professionals.
Urban Forestry Panel:
- Steven Traylor, City Forester, Norfolk Parks & Forestry Operations
- Lara Johnson, Urban & Community Forestry Program Manager, Virginia Department of Forestry
- Laurie Fox, Horticulture Associate, Virginia Tech Research Center, Virginia Beach
Keynote Speaker & Presentation:
- Karen Firehock, Executive Director, Green Infrastructure Center
Conference Information & Links:
- Conference Schedule
- Registration options and pricing - (Registration is CLOSED)
- Register online
- Print Form and register in person or by mail
- Sponsorship Levels & Benefits
- Environmental Awards Luncheon