- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Disability Rights Laws
- Provides an overview of Federal civil rights laws that ensure equal opportunity for people with disabilities.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 prohibits private employers, state and local governments, employment agencies and labor unions from discriminating against qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, hiring, firing, advancement, compensation, job training, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
- Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund (DREDF)
- DREDF, founded in 1979, is a leading national civil rights law and policy center directed by individuals with disabilities and parents who have children with disabilities.
- Federal Employment of People with Disabilities
- This site provides a simple and straightforward mechanism to help Americans, with and without disabilities, better understand how to hire and retain persons with disabilities.
- National Council on Disability (NCD)
- NCD is an independent federal agency committed to disability policy leadership since 1978.
- Created in 1978, The National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) is a leader in sponsoring research.
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
- The Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) provides national leadership by developing and influencing disability employment-related policies and practices affecting an increase in the employment of people with disabilities.
- Social Security Disability Claim Representation
- Information, advice, and resources about applying for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Benefits for People With Disabilities
- Explanation of disability benefits and policy for Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income.
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- You can use this site to apply for disability benefits, check your application status, and file an appeal.