- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Chesapeake Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court
|Phone: 757-382-8100||Fax: 757-382-8152|
|Clerk of Court: Bonnie Coffey
|Address: 301 Albemarle Drive, 2nd Floor, Chesapeake, VA 23322|
|Visit the Virginia Judicial System website for additional contact information, court schedules, and a list judges.|
RE-OPENING JULY 13
The Chesapeake Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will re-open on Monday, July 13. The clerk’s office and all courtrooms will be open and hearing all scheduled matters.
All individuals must wear a face covering that covers the nose and mouth continuously.
Social distancing requirements will be enforced, with the exception of family, household members or caretakers.
Gathering, lingering, and loitering is prohibited unless directed by the Court or Sheriff during pretrial or pre-hearing staging.
Individuals may be prohibited from entering the court if within the previous 14 days:
- they have traveled internationally;
- been directed to quarantine, isolate, or self-monitor;
- been diagnosed with or been in contact with anyone with COVID-19;
- experienced a fever, cough, or shortness of breath; or
- resided with or been in close contact with any person in the above categories.
Bags are not permitted inside the court building (i.e. Purses, backpacks, etc). Large items should be left in your vehicle. Personal items should be placed in the provided lockers. Essential approved items will be placed on the X-ray belt and checked prior to entry.
An order regarding courthouse security, health and safety measures during the COVID-19 emergency was issued by Circuit Court Chief Judge Randall D. Smith on May 15.
The following items will NOT be allowed inside the courts building.
All contraband items will be confiscated.
- Pepper spray
- Weapons of any kind
- Camera cell phones
- Glass containers
- Drinks (liquids of any kind)
- Hand cuff keys
- Tools of any kind
- Nail files
- Nail clippers
- Recording devices
- Any other item determined to be contraband or a security threat