- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Chesapeake Fire Department
|Phone: 757-382-6297||Fax: 757-382-8313||Email: email@example.com|
|Address: Public Safety Headquarters, 304 Albemarle Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23322|
News, Information, Events & More
Spring into Fire Safety!!
Here are a few fire safety tips as you get ready to enjoy the spring weather.
COVID-19 Safety Tips
Follow these easy steps; to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Stay home if you can and avoid gatherings of more than ten people.
- Practice social distancing by keeping a distance of about six feet from others if you must go out in public.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing; throw used tissues in the trash. If a tissue isn't available, cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toilets, faucets, and countertops.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them - use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection. Full information on how to disinfect found here.
- Wear a face mask if you are sick. You should wear a face mask when you are around other people (e.g., sharing a room or vehicle) and before you enter a healthcare provider's office.