Oak Grove Lake Park
- Fitness Area
- Picnic Shelters
Located just off Volvo Parkway, Oak Grove Lake Park is 157 acres and has a multi-use trail surrounding the 65-acre lake, scenic open space with play area, hardwood forest and wetlands. Picnic tables and benches are scattered along the trail, which provide a mixture of panoramic views of the lake as well as forested areas and wildlife. Swimming and boating of any kind are not permitted at the lake except by pre-approved permit (city events and first responders training).
Other Park Amenities
- Fishing/observation platforms (see note)
- Play area with playground equipment
- Rentable Picnic Shelters with grills (RENTALS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE at Oak Grove Lake Park)
- Trail - 1.5 mile circular multi-use fitness trail for walking, jogging and biking, runs the perimeter of the 65-acre lake.
- 6 outdoor fitness stations are located around the perimeter of the trail
- Take a brief virtual tour of the main entrance path, playground and shelters by the lake.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-accessible Trail and 5 ADA-accessible fishing/observation platforms around the lake are open to the public for bank fishing (except as prohibited by signage).
- Fish the stocked lake for largemouth bass and channel catfish. Other fish you might see are bluegill and pumpkin seed sunfish.
- Catfish were last stocked on May 22, 2023.
- Virginia fresh-water license is required for all fishermen aged 16 years and older.
- The Park does not sell fishing licenses.
Related Fishing License Information & Regulations
- VA Department of Wildlife Resources