View all facilities
Elizabeth River Park
- Boat Ramp and Boat Trailer Parking
- Crabbing/Fishing Pier
- Docking Facilities
- Dog Park
- Fish Weigh Station
- Fitness Area
- Parking Lot
- Picnic Shelters
- Snack Shack Building
- Walking Track
The Elizabeth River Park, located on the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River, has one of the most active boat ramps in the Hampton Roads area. Boaters are able to enjoy easy access to the Elizabeth River.
Adjacent to the park is the scenic South Norfolk Jordan Bridge. This bridge is truly an engineering marvel, spanning the distance between Chesapeake and Portsmouth at a maximum height of 169 feet that allows for huge ships to pass under it. See Elizabeth River Park Fun Facts and Information.
- Snack Shack building with concessions, bait and tackle supplies, restrooms, and covered pavilion with picnic tables.
- Paved parking lots
- Free public boat ramp and boat trailer parking with 24-hour access
- Cardio fitness area with multiple stations
- Crabbing/fishing pier (free, no fishing license required). Pier hours are sunrise to sunset.
- Certified fish weigh station
- Fish cleaning station with water
- Multiple rentable shelters and gazebos throughout the park
- Improved docking facilities
- Additional restroom building near playground
- Dog park
- Large gazebo with stage with view of waterfront
- Numerous benches along the waterfront
- Scenic paved path around the park with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) access