Flow Acceptance Process
Consultant submits construction plans to Department of Development and Permits (DD&P), Mr. Mark Curry, Development and Engineering, 306 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23322.
- Consultant completes the HRSD Flow Acceptance Request Form (DOC) and submits to Department of Public Utilities (DPU).
- DD&P distributes plans to DPU for review and comment.
- DPU can concurrently submit construction plans to HRSD and DPU requests Flow Acceptance Letter from HRSD.
- HRSD provides Flow Acceptance Letter to locality (DPU) and DEQ.
- HRSD reviews plans and hydraulic model, if required, and provides comments to DPU.
- Consultant submits Application for Certificate to Construct (CTC) to DEQ.
- Locality (DD&P) approves construction plans.
- DPU provides Flow Acceptance Letter to DEQ.
- DEQ issues a Certificate to Construct (CTC).
- Consultant submits the Application for Certificate to Operate (CTO) (PDF) to Development Construction in DD&P in order for the "Statement of Completion" section to be executed. DD&P will then forward the Application to DEQ.
- DEQ issues a Certificate to Operate (CTO).