< Back to City of Chesapeake
Before attending an event, contact the organizer to confirm it's taking place.
All City Calendars
Boards & Commissions Calendars
|< Back to Calendar
|Weekends on the Lake
||August 14, 2022
||10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
||Oak Grove Lake Park Map it
409 Byron Street
Calling all paddlers! Bring your own kayak/canoe/stand-up paddleboard and join us this summer for Weekends on the Lake at Oak Grove Lake Park. One weekend each month, June through November. Check out the dates on the schedule below.
Paddle Your Way:
- Bring Your Own Kayak, Canoe or SUP and Life Jacket*
- No trailers allowed.
- Inflatable kayaks and SUPs are allowed; however, staff have the right to deny access if vessels are not rigid in design or are not properly inflated. Multi-layered construction of vessels is preferred.
*Age and Chaperone Requirements:
- All youth age 17 or younger must wear a personal flotation device (PFD) and be able to swim.
- Youth age 12-17 may paddle in a separate boat but must be accompanied by an adult chaperone in another boat. Required ratio of youth participants to adult chaperones will be one to one - one adult chaperone for each youth participant.
- Youth age 11 years or younger must paddle in the same boat with an adult.
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- June - Saturday, June 11 and Sunday, June 12
- July - Saturday, July 16 and Sunday, July 17
- August - Saturday, August 13 and Sunday, August 14
- September - Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18
Note: Subject to cancelation due to inclement or impending inclement weather.