- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- Property Information
The eBUILD (electronic Building, Utilities, Inspections, Land use & Development) Chesapeake project delivers 24/7 web access to the planning, development, and permits application process to all of our customers.
Create an eBuild account »
(Accounts cannot be created from the mobile site.)
eBUILD replaces our previous systems, including inspection requests and results, tenant build-out, and manual paper processes. It is an integrated, web-enabled (and Section 508 compliant) and mobile-friendly gateway, which gives citizens 24/7 access to:
- The current status of all residential and commercial projects and permits
- Applications for plan reviews or permits
- Inspections scheduling
- Submission of plans for review.
- Receiving review comments
- Map-based searches to identify projects in a specific area or parcel
The entire development and permit process involves several City departments. The core implementation team is comprised of specialists from each of these departments: Development & Permits, Planning, Fire, Public Utilities, Parks, Recreation & Tourism, and Information Technology. Other entities, such as the Commissioner of the Revenue, Customer Contact Center, Real Estate Assessor, and Treasurer, contribute as needed to ensure the full integration of existing City systems with this project.