Citizen's Online Reporting
Welcome to the Chesapeake Police Department (CPD) Citizen's Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency or Crime in Progress, please call 911 now.
For most police calls when there is not an offender on scene, please use the Citizens Online Police Reporting System. Please read all the following information before starting the report process using the link in the Drop Down Tab at the bottom of this page.
Only the following incident types can be reported online:
- Abandoned Vehicle
- Annoying Phone Calls/Telephone Offenses
- Bad Checks
- Barking Dog Complaint
- Credit Card Theft
- Damaged Property, regardless of value
- Embezzlement, regardless of value
- File Supplemental Report
- Forgery/Counterfeit, regardless of value
- Fraud, regardless of value
- Liquor Offenses
- Lost Property
- Obscene Phone Calls
- Theft/Larcenies, including Shoplifting, regardless of value
- Theft/Larcenies from a vehicle, regardless of value
- Vandalism/Destruction of Property, regardless of value
- Vehicle Tampering
Please confirm the following to find out if you can file an online report by computer, tablet or cellular smartphone:
- Is the type of incident you wish to report in the list of crimes that can be reported online (in the previous)?
- Did the incident occur within the Chesapeake City limits?
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
- Do you have email?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you can file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Frequently Asked Questions.
- All cases filed using the Citizen's Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Some crimes, such as crimes-in-progress with a suspect on-scene, violent crimes, sex crimes (attempted or completed), missing persons, runaway juveniles, and hate crimes (committed due to race, religion, ethnic or national origin, disability, or sexual orientation) must be reported in person. If one of these types of crime apply, please call 911 for emergencies or 757-382-6161 for non-emergencies.
- What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
If your incident is an emergency, call 9-1-1. If non-emergency, call 757-382-6161.
- What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Chesapeake, VA please call the police department for that city.
- What if this happened on a state highway (Interstate 64, 664, or 464)?