Paddle Your Way
Calling all paddlers! Bring your own kayak/canoe/stand-up paddleboard and join us this summer for Paddle Your Way, July 13, August 10, and September 14, 2024 at Oak Grove Lake Park.
- Bring Your Own Kayak, Canoe or Stand-up paddleboard (SUP) and Life Jacket (see age and chaperone requirements)
- No trailers allowed.
- Inflatable kayaks and SUPs are allowed; however, staff have the right to deny access if vessels are not rigid in design or are not properly inflated. Multi-layered construction of vessels is preferred.
Age and Chaperone Requirements
- All youth age 17 or younger must wear a personal flotation device (PFD) and be able to swim.
- Youth age 12 to 17 may paddle in a separate boat but must be accompanied by an adult chaperone in another boat. Required ratio of youth participants to adult chaperones will be one to one - one adult chaperone for each youth participant.
- Youth age 11 years or younger must paddle in the same boat with an adult.
Schedule & Times
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- July - Saturday, July 13
- August - Saturday, August 10
- September - Saturday, September 14
Note: Subject to cancelation due to inclement or impending inclement weather.
Location: Oak Grove Lake Park, 409 Byron Street, Chesapeake, VA 23320
Paddle the Peake Passport Check-In Site!
Exploring Chesapeake's beautiful waterways and awe-inspiring wildlife by kayak, canoe or paddle-board just got even more exciting with the new Paddle the Peake Passport. This free passport guides you to the great places to paddle, the history and ecology of local waterways, Chesapeake flora and fauna, and more as you "level up" for fun perks along the way.
Prizes will be awarded for the number of unique location check-ins you do. Make it a road trip or weekend getaway and earn fun swag like dry bags, hats or the exclusive Paddle the Peake Nalgene water bottle. For more information on how you can earn rewards, visit our web page.