Preliminary Site Plan
What is a Preliminary Site Plan?
A preliminary site plan is required for new construction and additions located on land zoned commercial (exceeding 50,000 cumulative square feet) or multi-family residential. This review ensures that the site plan conforms to all City Code development ordinances and standards.
Application Deadline by 5 p.m. the 1st Monday of the month.
- Administrative Plan Review Schedule
- Please read the Administrative Plan Review Application Instructions (PDF) prior to submitting an application.
Preparation for Online Application Submittal
- For commercial (exceeding 50,000 square feet), schedule a mandatory pre-application meeting with Planning Department
- Street Address of the Property or (Tax) Parcel Number
- Legal Description, Deed Book and Map Book if available
- Preliminary Site Plan of the proposed development, drawn to scale, ready to upload as a PDF
- Acceptable Filing Fee (PDF) payment method readily available (credit cards or eCheck/linked bank account)
After Online Application Submittal
(The first two steps can be accomplished when picking up the signs)
- Deliver Adjacent Property Owner List (from Real Estate Assessor Department) and Envelopes to the Planning Department
- Stamped Number 10 (4 ⅛ inches× 9½ inches) envelopes with the name and mailing address of each adjacent property owner printed legibly.
- Pay Sign Fee when invoiced and Post Sign(s)
- The Planning Department will supply these two Wednesdays prior to the Planning Commission Public Hearing, you will receive a call for pick-up. Sign fees are $25 for first sign and $20 for each additional sign.
- Pay Advertising Fees when billed
- The average advertising cost is $100 for the Planning Commission Public Hearing and a minimum of two advertisements are required.