- Departments A to G
- Commissioner of the Revenue
- Real Estate Tax Relief
Real Estate Tax Relief
Real Estate Tax Relief Applications: Accepted January 1st to May 15th
2023 Tax Relief application for new applicants
The following criteria are the basic eligibility requirements for the Real Estate Tax Relief Program:
- Must be at least 65 years of age or totally and permanently disabled; and
- Must own and live in the home to be exempt - the program also applies to mobile homes; and
- Combined household income cannot exceed $62,000 per year; and
- Combined net worth of owners, exclusive of the home, cannot exceed $350,000.
The exemption is granted to eligible applicants on an annual basis. An applicant must reapply for eligibility no later than May 15 of each taxable year.
State and local taxes can sometimes be confusing, so please let us know if we can ever be of assistance to you. We look forward to serving you.
Commissioner of the Revenue
- How do I apply for real estate tax relief?
The application process involves the applicant supplying documentation of the household’s gross income, owners' resources, and other official papers as required. First-time applicants can apply by completing the 2023 Real Estate Tax Relief Application for New Applicants (PDF).
- Is the information contained in my application kept confidential?
Yes. All information is strictly confidential and not open to public inspection.
- Do I have to reapply each year?
Yes. Tax relief is granted on an annual basis. An applicant must reapply for eligibility each year.