- Boards & Commissions
- Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Committee
Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Committee
- 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, January 26, 2023-CANCELLED
- Thursday, April 13, 2023
- Thursday, July 13, 2023
- Thursday, October 12, 2023
- Chesapeake Expressway
168 Toll Plaza Road
Conference Room (January, April and July)
or City Manager’s Conference Room (October)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Bryan Cunningham, Chairperson
- Dr. Shirley Auguste
- Rachel Anderson
- Lynne Kennedy
Ex Officio Members
- City Manager's Office – Robert Geis
- City Attorney's Office – Corey Wolfe
- Department of Public Works Director – Earl Sorey, P.E.
Other City of Chesapeake Staff
- Gary Walton, P.E.
- Belinda Malone
The Committee shall act in an advisory capacity to the City Council and shall review and provide recommendations to the City Council on any proposed increase in tolls, fees or other charges (“tolls”) assessed on motorists for the privilege of using a transportation facility located in whole or in part in the City of Chesapeake. The committee shall be appointed by Council and shall consist of five members as follows: 1) one member with a technical background, such as an engineer or an architect; 2) one member that is a principal, officer, or owner of a business; 3) one member that has a financial background; 4) one resident at large; 5) and one attorney.
(City Code Sec. 2-620.30 through 2-620.33 adopted by ordinance February 17, 2009)
Resources & Information
- January 2022 Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Committee (TTFAC) Chesapeake Transportation System Financial and Operational Update (PDF)
- On July 10, 2012, City Council unanimously approved the initial toll schedule for the Chesapeake Transportation System.
- Public Hearing Presentation (PDF) - On June 18, a public hearing was held to discuss the proposed multi-year toll system for the Chesapeake Transportation System (improved Dominion Boulevard and the Chesapeake Expressway).
- On May 22, 2012, a City Council Work Session Presentation (PDF) was given on the Chesapeake Transportation System and Dominion Boulevard project update.
- Chesapeake Expressway Investment Grade Traffic and Revenue Study 2010 (PDF)
- Toll Revenue Financing 101 (PDF) - Presentation to committee on October 1, 2009
Duties & Purpose of the Committee
City Code Sec. 2-620.30 through 2-620.33 was adopted by ordinance on February 17, 2009.
The committee shall hold at least one public hearing, notice of which shall be published electronically in a prominent place on the city website no less than seven calendar days prior to the date of the public hearing. The committee shall also seek input from the owner and operator of the tolled transportation facility regarding the proposed increase in tolls. Following the public hearing, the committee shall prepare a written report containing recommendations to be submitted to city council and the owner and operator of the tolled transportation facility. Such recommendations shall be advisory and shall be given due consideration by city council. The director of public works shall have the duty of notifying the committee of a proposed toll increase in a timely manner sufficient to allow the committee to carry out its duties under this division.
(Ord. Number 09-O-014)