The Chesapeake Bicycle / Trails Advisory Committee shall act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in carrying out the City Trails Plan Adopted (PDF) by the City Council, to make recommendations, and such other duties as may be assigned to the committee by City Council.
It is the mission of the Chesapeake Bicycle and Trails Advisory Committee to:
- Advise the City with regard to the development and maintenance of routes and trails throughout the City.
- Prioritize routes and trails and make recommendations to update the City's Trails Plan, considering potential funding, projects underway in neighboring localities and the connectivity with areas of interest within the City, i.e. libraries, schools, parks, and other trails.
- Enhance safety for all citizens by recommending improvements to established and developing routes and trails, i.e. signage and roadway accommodations.
- Promote regional bike and trail opportunities and cooperation with neighboring localities.
- Advocate for alternative means of transportation, recreational trails and the facilities required to support them, i.e. bike racks.
- Consult with the multitude of local state and national organizations that promote the transportation and recreational benefits of trails.
- Promote education within the community on the benefits of using alternative methods of transportation and recreational trails.
View Other Trails information from Parks, Recreation, and Tourism.