You May Make a Difference in Solving a Crime
It is crucial that citizens and the police department work together in solving crime. Any information regarding an unsolved crime may be the difference in bringing a criminal to justice and bringing closure for the victims of a crime. In many cases, witnesses to a crime may know information that could solve the case or identify the suspects, but they may be afraid to talk to the police, may not realize the importance of the information they know or may not want to talk to the police at the scene. Often, those witnesses will talk about what they saw or know with their family or friends. If you are a witness or learned information about a crime, you can help us solve the crime by providing that information to the police.
If you have any information regarding an unsolved case, your tip may help to solve the case or identify the suspects and you can remain anonymous. If you have information about any crime, the location of any wanted person, or the location of stolen property, please contact us by telephone, online or by app. Using any of the methods below, you and your tip will remain totally anonymous. Your phone number or computer address will not be displayed or identified.
1. By Telephone via Chesapeake Crime Line at 1-888-562-5887 (LOCK-U-UP) - when prompted use option 4 for Chesapeake
2. Online at the Chesapeake Crime Line Form
3. Mobile app "P3TIPS" (available for most smartphones)
Chesapeake Crime Line is a community based non-profit organization that partners the police, the media and the community in the fight against crime. They provide a 24-hour, confidential tip telephone line and offer rewards of up to $1,000 for tips leading to the arrest of individuals wanted for criminal acts.
Find out more about Chesapeake Crime Line.
In the following are some of our Highlighted Crimes, however, if you have any information on any crime, please use the previously mentioned Crime Line contact methods.
- 2021-03-18 Unsolved Crime Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-02-12 22-17224 Unsolved Identity Theft (PDF)
- 2022-02-20 22-24627 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-02-25 22-20054 Trailer Theft (PDF)
- 2022-03-08 22-22257 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-03-28 22-36780 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-04-18 22-39241 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-04-18 22-39246 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-04-22 22-40795 Unsolved Attempt Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-04-27 22-42787 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-05-12 22-48389 Unsolved Robbery (PDF)
- 2022-05-17 22-52626 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-06-01 22-61769 Unsolved Fraud (PDF)
- 2022-06-10 22-61039 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-07-07 22-110165 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-07-08 22-72149 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-07-09 22-72578 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-07-12 22-73728 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-08-31 22-88270 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-10-19 22-110876 Unsolved Fraud (PDF)
- 2022-10-21 22-111761 Unsolved Fraud (PDF)
- 2022-11-16 22-122747 Unsolved Fraud (PDF)
- 2022-11-20 22-126310 Unsolved Larceny (PDF)
- 2022-11-30 22-76602 Unsolved Fraud (PDF)
- 2022-12-19 22-134147 Unsolved Fraud (PDF)