- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
I Want To
Emergency Winter Shelter for the Homeless
Chesapeake Area Shelter Team's Emergency Winter Shelter program for the homeless will offer shelter at area churches through April 3, 2019.
Nightly intake begins at 7 p.m. at 1209 20th Street.
Rules set to ensure safety of guests & volunteers:
- Max 49 homeless guests accepted with ID
- Dinner & breakfast served to overnight guests
- Homeless with cars welcomed (must meet nightly at the intake location)
- No alcohol, no drugs, no weapons
- No pets
- Breathalyzer screening
- No sex offenders, database checked
- Smoking is at the discretion of the host church
CAST reserves the right to accept or reject a guest from loading the bus or entering a host church location.