- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Find select items once featured on the front-page here.
- Emergency Winter Shelter for the HomelessChesapeake Area Shelter Team's Emergency Winter Shelter program for the homeless will offer shelter at area churches through April 3, 2019.
- Lifesaving App: PulsePointChesapeake Fire Department and Chesapeake Regional Medical Center have launched a lifesaving smartphone app called PulsePoint to increase the likelihood of a person surviving a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA).
- Become a foster parentBecome a foster parent and provide a child temporary separated from his family a safe, caring family home.
- Donate in memory of a loved oneDid you know... you can donate a park bench, shelter, playground equipment, tree or other amenities in memory of a deceased loved one?
- Join the Community Animal Response TeamYou can also help protect animal and animal agricultural resources before during and after an emergency by volunteering for the Community Animal Response Team.
- Volunteer with the City of ChesapeakeChesapeake is known for its deep sense of community pride and civic involvement. Volunteers play an enormous role in the daily functions of city government, as well as within the community.
- City water system vs. hurricanes
We've been asked: If the region were to get hit hard by a hurricane, could the Chesapeake's water system handle it? In response, Chesapeake Public Utilities Department compiled a list of reasons the city's water system would likely make it through a big storm.
- Invite the Mayor
Would you like to have the Mayor or a City Council Member join a special event? Make the request using this form.
- Adopt a Spot
Learn how to adopt a garden or a highway. First enter your address and then answer the questions on the following pages. Information and an application will be sent soon after. The "Adopt-a-Garden" or "Adopt-a-Highway" programs are administered by the Public Works Department.
- Road-kill cleanup
Oh no! When an innocent woodland creature meets its demise at the wheels of your Ford, the ultimate in unpleasant jobs is created for the Department of Public Works: road-kill removal. One man does the job of removing dead animals found in City right-of-ways. Learn how to contact him for help.
- CUSTODY PROGRAM
Through the CUSTODY program, citizens can share information regarding any cameras located on their business or residence in an effort to keep our communities safe. Learn more & sign up
- Door-to-door sales
If a door-to-door salesman approaches your home, you may ask him to show you his solicitor's permit. Not sure what to look for? See what a solicitor's permit looks like. Find a list of solicitors approved to do business in Chesapeake too.
- Streetlight requests
Street Lights: There are currently over 21,000 street lights throughout the City. Most are maintained by Dominion Virginia Power. However, a number of factors go into deciding to install a light. Learn more about how to request a new streetlight and how to report an outage here.
- Blue Bin Recycling Rules
Flower pots, hoses, yard waste and fertilizer and pesticide containers shouldn't be in there. Learn more
- Community Center rooms for rent
If you have a wedding reception or birthday party and need a space to celebrate, consider renting one of the City's eight community centers. Details
- Bulk waste requests
Going to move or throw out that old mattress or couch you hate? Make sure to request bulk pickup before your trash day.