- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Deep Creek AIWW Bridge Replacement (USACOE)
Visit the City webpage dedicated to the Deep Creek AIWW Bridge Replacement project.
This is a USACOE funded and administered project that will replace the federally-owned Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway Deep Creek Bridge, a two-lane split leaf bascule bridge, with a 5-lane drawbridge and improvements to the approaching roadways (view a concept drawing here).
- Projected Construction Start: Early 2022
- Projected Completion: April 2025
- Project Budget: $59.5 million
- Draft rendering of replacement Deep Creek Bridge
- June 14, 2016 – The Commonwealth Transportation Board has approved the 2017-2022 Six-Year Improvement Program which include $20 million towards the replacement of the bridge. Read more in VDOT's Press Release
- May 12, 2016 – Press Release from U.S. Senators Mark Warner and Tim Kaine announcing passage of legislation that includes funding for the Deep Creek Bridge replacement
- February 10, 2016 – Press Release Announcing Federal Funding