- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Deep Creek AIW Bridge
View the official project website for up-to-date information on the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) webpage This is a USACE funded and administered project that will replace the federally-owned Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway Deep Creek Bridge, a 2-lane split leaf bascule bridge, with a 5-lane drawbridge and improvements to the approaching roadways (view a concept drawing here).
- Project Start: September 2019
- Projected Completion: September 2022
- Funds Appropriated: $48.46 million
- Draft rendering of replacement Deep Creek Bridge
- Bridge Project Fact Sheet
- June 14, 2016 – The Commonwealth Transportation Board has approved the 2017-2022 Six-Year Improvement Program which include $20 million towards the replacement of the bridge. Read more in VDOT's Press Release
- May 12, 2016 – Press Release from U.S. Senators Mark Warner and Tim Kaine announcing passage of legislation that includes funding for the Deep Creek Bridge replacement
- February 10, 2016 – Press Release Announcing Federal Funding
- Map this project