- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Animal Services Unit
In response to COVID-19, the following actions are being taken at the Chesapeake Animal Services Shelter
The shelter is not accessible to the public. Adoptions, however, are offered by appointment.
Adoptions, however, are offered by appointment from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and noon to 3 p.m. Sundays at 2100 S. Military Hwy.
Please be advised
- The staff will sanitize the shelter between adoption appointments for public safety.
- A limited number of people will be allowed in the actual building to protect the staff.
- All visitors are expected to practice social distancing with staff and other citizens.
- If you are sick do NOT make an appointment for adoption and/or cancel if you become ill before your scheduled appointments.
If there is an animal you are interested in visiting with, please do the following.
- View our adoptable animals.
- Pick out up to 2 animals
- Fill out the appropriate application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include current rabies vaccine certificates for any dogs or cats currently in the home.
- Once we have received and reviewed your completed application a staff member will contact you to schedule an appointment and provide further instruction.
- We want to home as many animals as possible. We will send animals out on a contract to be spayed/ neutered by a required deadline.
Lost and Stray Animals
Redemption of animals does not require an appointment. If you are missing your pet, first view the strays in custody to look for your pet. Whether you see your animal listed or not, please respond to the shelter during business hours and follow the instructions listed on the door at the main entrance.
Surrender of Animals
Surrenders are still by appointment only and need will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Please call the shelter at 757-382-8081 to talk to our staff about scheduling an appointment.
Form more information on any of the above information, call 757-382-8080 (press 1).
The Chesapeake Animal Services Unit operates under the umbrella of the Police Department and is staffed by 11 officers, an animal control officers supervisor and one superintendent. They enforce the State and City codes pertaining to animals and their ownership. They have the authority to issue summonses for violations, to secure warrants and to seize animals. Shelter support staff consists of 1 animal care supervisor, 7 shelter attendants, and 3 office assistants. Further support is provided by dedicated volunteers.
Officers on Duty
Animal Control Officers are on duty from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 7 days per week, answering complaints such as cruelty, animal bites, license and vaccination checks as well as stray, nuisance, vicious, injured or sick animals. Two officers are assigned to an evening shift from 1:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
and one of these is on call for emergencies ONLY after the end of that shift, until 8 a.m. the next morning. If you would like to report a complaint to an Animal Control Officer, please call 757-382-6161.
CASU does not pick up deceased animals. Owners may pay a fee for the disposal of their deceased pets' remains at the facility. A general customer service request may be submitted online at the Chesapeake Customer Contact Center or call 757-382-CITY (382-2489) for stray deceased animals along roadways.