- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Athletic Field Reservations and Rentals
The Department of Chesapeake Parks, Recreation and Tourism has several baseball, softball, soccer and multi-purpose open play fields that can accommodate various athletic activities located on City property and in parks. Scheduled programs administered by the City and School teams have priority. When City fields are not scheduled, they can be made available for use by groups or teams.
The application system is designed to help streamline the communication and maximize the scheduled use of the fields, to better serve all of the community. Once all documents and the applications have been submitted and approved, staff will review and allocate the field(s) that could be available for your group, beginning with use in March.
Fall Rentals: August 1 - November 30
Applications Accepted: June 1 - 15 (Initial Consideration)
Applications received after June 15th will be based on availability.
Applications will be reviewed in July and then ongoing.
Spring Rentals: March 1 - June 30
Applications Accepted: January 1 - 15 (Initial Consideration)
Applications received after January 15th will be based on availability.
Applications will be reviewed in February and then ongoing.
All inquiries for dates outside of the Spring and Fall rental dates above will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Submission of an application, regardless of date of submission, does not guarantee approval.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Seasonal teams and associations should submit date specific requests in their application for long term rentals.
- There will no longer be a first come, first served field reservation system for long term rentals. See above for application schedule.
- Parks and Recreation will continue to evaluate all approved and completed requests that have been submitted to date and begin distributing field permits for the remainder of the year or season. Assignments will be based on past usage, updated insurance, current rosters, number of Chesapeake residents, Chesapeake businesses and/or organizations, projected schedule, and available facilities.
DOCUMENTS TO REVIEW BEFORE COMPLETING APPLICATION:
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO EMAIL AFTER COMPLETING ONLINE APPLICATION:
(Email them to email@example.com). Application will not be reviewed and processed until the documents are received by the City.
- Certificate of Insurance - Copy of certificate required
- 501(c)(3) - Copy of non-profit tax identification number 501(c)3 or equivalent. Required if applying for a school site.
- Roster(s) - Last season's rosters and player information, then - after current registration is complete - final rosters and player information prior to beginning of the current season.
- Schedule(s) - Projected schedule of field usage to include all specific dates and times (Please note: Before the actual season begins, a final game and practice schedule must be submitted.)
INSURANCE REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION:
All athletic facility use requests require that the group or organization furnish a Certificate of Insurance to show the following:
|Commercial General Liability||$1,000,000||Each Occurrence||Bodily Injury|
|$2,000,000||General Aggregate||Bodily Injury|
|$ 500,000||Each Occurrence||Property Damage|
A combined single limit of $1,000,000
Coverage is to include Products Liability, Personal Injury and Fire Damage Legal Liability. The Certificate shall certify that the policy has been endorsed to name as an additional insured, Chesapeake Public Schools, 312 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23322, and the City of Chesapeake, 306 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23322, with respect to the use of school premises. The use of city-owned property requires only the City of Chesapeake as an additional insured.
|Listing of Fields and Rental Rates
Field Rental Application
Field Rental Policies and Procedures
For additional information call the Administrative Office at 757-382-6411 or to set up an appointment to meet with Chesapeake Parks, Recreation and Tourism staff to assist you through the process.