- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
2019 Summer Basketball (Fast-Break)
TEAM REGISTRATION PROCEDURE AND LEAGUE INFORMATION
- To register by mail, complete the Adult Team Registration Form and enclose check or money order payable to the Chesapeake Treasurer for $350.00. Mail the completed form and check to:
Chesapeake Parks, Recreation and Tourism
1224 Progressive Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- To register in person, bring completed Adult Team Registration Form along with a check or money order payable to the Chesapeake Treasurer for $350.00. The office is open Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Administrative Office is located at 1224 Progressive Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23320.
- June 1, 2019.
- Refunds must be requested in writing no later than 5 working days after the deadline date. (processing fee may apply)
- Team Franchise Fee: $350.00. Check or Money Order payable to:
- Due to the limited number of teams that our facilities will accommodate, team registrations will be handled in the following manner:
- A maximum of 18 teams will be accepted.
- Teams will be confirmed as registered by receiving their team entry receipt in the mail.
- Team Practice Schedule:
- To Be Determined.
- Coaches' meeting will be conducted on Wednesday, June 12, 2019, Location TBA. City Rules, schedules, scorebooks, and player contracts will be distributed. All coaches should attend.
- Schedules and Facilities:
- Season starts Thursday, June 20, 2019.
- Teams will play approximately 6 games (1x per week).
- Leagues will play on Thursday and/or Tuesday nights, if needed.
- Game start times: 6:30 - 7:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- League size will determine which Community Centers will be utilized.
- Awards – Champions will receive a team Plague and individual medals. Runner-ups will receive a team plaque.
- Rule Highlights:
- Team is allowed 15 players on roster.
- Uniforms – each team will be responsible for their uniforms. Jerseys must be the same basic color and numbered on the front and back with numbers at least 4" high (no duplicate numbers). Reversible jerseys are recommended to solve any color problems with opposing teams.
- There will not be a post season tournament.
- This will be a fast break league.
Questions: Call Athletic Office at 757-382-6411.