- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
2020 Fall Adult Softball
TEAM REGISTRATION PROCEDURE & LEAGUE INFORMATION
- To register by mail: Complete the Adult Team Registration Form (print, then fill out) or Adult Team Registration Form 2 (fill out online, then print) and enclose check or money order payable to the Chesapeake Treasurer for $390.00. Mail the completed form and check to:
Chesapeake Parks, Recreation and Tourism
1224 Progressive Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- To register in person: Bring completed Adult Team Registration Form (print, then fill out) or Adult Team Registration Form 2 (fill out online, then print), along with a check or money order payable to the Chesapeake Treasurer for $390.00 to the athletic office located at 1224 Progressive Drive, Chesapeake, 23320. Office hours are Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- To register online: Go to www.cityofchesapeake.net/GUIDE, select option 2, "View Activities & Register Online." There will be a surcharge of 5.5% for online payment.
- Team registration deadline:
- Registration Deadline – Monday, August 17, 2020.
- Registration fee – $390.00. Make Check or Money Order payable to: CHESAPEAKE TREASURER.
- The registration fee must be submitted with the registration form.
- Teams will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. A limited number of spots are available.
- A late fee may be assessed for late registrations.
- Once fees are submitted, NO REFUNDS will be processed unless the City cancels all or part of the program.
- Division Assignments: In an effort to balance competition, the City will administer the following.
- Spring and Fall playoff teams may be moved up to the next division/level of play.
- Spring and Fall performance will be used to determine divisional placement.
- Divisional assignments will be made at the discretion of the Adult Softball League Coordinator.
- Team Practices: NONE
- Coaches' meeting: Will be conducted virtually and a link will be sent for the meeting.
- Schedules and Facilities:
- Season starts: Co-ed on August 28; all other leagues the week of August 31, 2020.
- Teams will play approximately 12-14 games. Doubleheaders will normally start at 6:15 p.m. (Exception: Western Branch will normally start at 6:30 p.m.)
- The following fields will be used: Greenbrier #1 & #2, Indian River High School Fields #1 & #2, and Western Branch Field #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5.
- Division Winner – will receive a team award and individual awards
- Division Runner-up – will receive a team award
- No post season tournament
- Rule Highlights:
- Game Balls - Teams will provide their own balls during games. Men will always hit a 12" ball and women will always hit an 11" ball. A 12" cor 300 compression ASA approved softball will be used in all men's leagues. The coed men will use the 12" .52 cor 300 compression ASA approved softball and the coed women will use the 11" .52 cor 300 compression ASA approved softball. All balls must be OPTIC YELLOW in color. Each team must furnish the appropriate ball type at the start of the game. Each team is also responsible for replacing the balls their team hits out of play.
- Bats - All bats must be ASA approved. Age/gender specific bats will only be allowed in those leagues. For a complete list of approved bats, go to the ASA Softball website.
- Players cannot play on two Chesapeake adult softball teams during the same season (with the exception of 1 Coed team with any other classification.)
- Each player is required to have a four-inch number on their uniform.
- Team rosters are due 48 hours prior to first game. Teams failing to submit a team roster 48 hours prior to their first game will not be authorized to play until they have met the 48 hour requirement. Teams are limited to a total of 20 players.
- Players must be 16 years of age on or before the first game of the season. Players under age 18 must have parental consent with age and parent's signature entered on the player roster form.