- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Sunrise to Sunset
Oak Grove Lake Park
|Phone: 757-382-6411||Fax: 757-277-9365||Email: ContactPRT@cityofchesapeake.net|
|Address: 409 Bryon Street, Chesapeake, VA 23320|
CURRENT STATUS OF PARK AND RECREATION AMENITIES
Outdoor park amenities including City Dog Parks, the Skate Park at Chesapeake City Park, Basketball courts, Outdoor Fitness Equipment, Outdoor Restrooms, Destination Playground, Fun Forest, and the Campground at Northwest River Park are closed until further notice. Athletic fields are closed to group practices and games but open for individual use. Tennis courts, outdoor Pickleball courts, and neighborhood playgrounds are open. Parks and trails remain open to unorganized recreation. If you have questions, please call 757-382-6411 during office hours Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Located just off Volvo Pkwy, with its lake and scenic open space. There are 65 acres of hardwood forest and wetlands. Picnic tables and benches are scattered along the trail, which provide a mixture of panoramic views of the lake as well as forested areas and wildlife. Swimming and boating of any kind are not permitted at the lake except by pre-approved permit (city events and first responders training).
Other Park Amenities:
- Fishing/Observation Platforms*
- Play area
- Rentable Picnic Shelters with grills
- Trail – 1.5 mile circular multi-use fitness trail for walking, jogging and biking, runs the perimeter of the 65-acre lake.
- 6 outdoor fitness stations are located around the perimeter of the trail
*ADA accessible Trail and 5 ADA accessible fishing/observation platforms around the lake and is open to the public for bank fishing (except as prohibited by signage).
Fish the stocked lake for large mouth bass and catfish.**
- Virginia fresh-water license is required for all fishermen age 16 years and older.
- The Park does not sell fishing licenses.
**Related Fishing License Information
View the City's rentable facilities and park amenities: