- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
- Fish our stocked Lake Lesa for trout, bass, bluegill, crappie, and catfish. Or hike to our pier on the Northwest River for Yellow Perch and some winter Stripers.
- Virginia fresh-water license is required for all fishermen age 16 years and older.
- A separate valid trout license is required to fish designated stocked trout waters (Lake Lesa) from October 1-June 15.
- The Park does not sell fishing licenses.
Trout were last stocked on February 13, 2020
The planned Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources’ (VDWR) Urban Trout stockings at Northwest River Park’s Lake Lesa have been postponed until further notice due to unusually low dissolved oxygen levels. VDWR staff is in communications with park staff and will be monitoring the lake. Future trout stockings (in 2020 and 2021) will be contingent on suitable dissolved oxygen levels.
Related Fishing License Information and Regulations
- VA Dept. of Wildlife Resources
For more information, call Northwest River Park at 757-421-7151 or 757-421-3145.